Enyaq 85 breakdown call and audio issue

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Enyaq
TeroKoo

Post by TeroKoo »

Hi All,

The first message on the board.
I have driven my Enyaq for about 300 miles and this morning got a problem. As I was backing up in the yard, the car started to make breakdown calls itself, and there was the haptic feedback sound repeating for about 10 minutes. After 10 minutes everything seems to be OK except the car doesn’t play any audio except through the phone speaker. When I try to adjust the volume on the audio system, it says I am adjusting the telephone volume.

Is this something that comes and goes?

Or is it a software or hardware problem that has to be fixed by the service?

Does rebooting the computer ever work with this kind of issues? Couldn’t get it done though…

Thanks in advance!
Škoda Enyaq 85 Coupe Sportline (‘24)

Jamie1c

Post by Jamie1c »

I have an id3 and can only relate to the audio problem you have. Long pressing the off button till the screen goes off usually sorts it for me but still happens now and again.
Ordered 9/01/24
Skoda Enyaq 85x Sportline Plus 4x4 Black
Aragorn

Post by Aragorn »

On the odd occasion mine shows me adjusting the wrong volume as though its stuck in handsfree mode, i've found pressing the "voice command" button on the wheel, and then cancelling it, has fixed it.
'21 Enyaq 60 Ecosuite
TeroKoo

Post by TeroKoo »

Thank you, looks like I got all the answers that I needed.
Rebooting the system helped with the audio, but the dome lights cannot be activated with the touch feature at all, so there is probably an issue with this control unit in the roof. Booked a repair for Friday. I'll send an update after that.
Jamie1c

Post by Jamie1c »

TeroKoo wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 5:19 pm Thank you, looks like I got all the answers that I needed.
Rebooting the system helped with the audio, but the dome lights cannot be activated with the touch feature at all, so there is probably an issue with this control unit in the roof. Booked a repair for Friday. I'll send an update after that.
That's good. Hopefully it's a quick fix for the lights.
Ordered 9/01/24
Skoda Enyaq 85x Sportline Plus 4x4 Black
Pea

Post by Pea »

I had something similar, random and repeated accident or infoline calls, haptic feedback sound clicking randomly.
The roof control unit was defective and must be replaced.

As a workaround to stop random calls helped swiping with finger over all haptic buttons on the roof unit. The problem disappears for few days and when it starts again just swipe over the panel again :)
I guess there is something with accumulated static charge on the plastic surface which is "touching" haptic buttons randomly.
TeroKoo

Post by TeroKoo »

The fifth day today and the control panel worked as I took the car to service in the morning. There was no defect recorded in the computer. They didn’t find any problem, just said that if the problem reoccurs, they will replace the control panel. There are no service parts in Finland or the factory, so the lead time could be long, when ordered.
Sailor

Post by Sailor »

Mine has just started doing this exactly the same! 85X delivered 12/03/24 a week ago my wife came home from work just past midnight and complained the car was trying to call customer services on it's own! Well, I was convinced she had done something without realising it. "It never happened to me". Yesterday we visited our dealership for a different random issue, the drivers seat back randomly reclines overnight!!! Then when I get in, close the door it comes up half way!! Anyway, last night my wife said the random calls were back, so I looked on here, found this thread and took note of the "swipe to clear" idea. I just went out to the car this morning and, yes it did it to me, and just won't stop, sometimes it's the "I" call, sometimes it's the "service" call. The swipe did not work for me. Apologies to "she who MUST be obeyed" I took a video, and you can hear the haptic clicks clearly on that. I can't post the video though as it's much too big, and I'm not much good at editing, without loosing the bit I want, sorry guys (& gals). So going back to the dealership this morning armed with the video, since we were met with scepticism, no, total disbelief and denial, is more like it, yesterday! So they will be asked to order in a replacement roof console unit, but I'm sure they won't listen to me or the forum, and the car will have to go back again! It is somewhat disconcerting though to find that during a 6 mile journey here in rural Norfolk the car's system was reporting "poor signal" and only once actually made the connection to an answer phone, when we do have a poor but usually workable mobile phone signal, I wonder, if, in an emergency, would the SOS button be any use, in rural Britian??
85X, Race Blue, ordered oct 23 delivered 12th March 24. Transport pack, 3rd party towbar. IO, Ohme. :roll: 1st EV. :oops: My electronics are possessed :twisted:
wtmmason

Post by wtmmason »

I have the same problem too in a brand-new car. Phoned the dealer who can look at it in two months! So I have a dodgy entertainment system and can’t listen to the radio for two months? Really, I would not buy this car again quality control is very poor. I used to like Skoda but will not buy one again
Aragorn

Post by Aragorn »

Certainly somewhat disappointing that 3 years into production we're still seeing these issues. You can somewhat excuse some teething issues on a brand new platform (maybe!), but 3 years in and with a "refreshed" 85 model introduced, to still be having the SAME issues is pretty sad.
'21 Enyaq 60 Ecosuite

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post