Problems with new 85x

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Enyaq
ilc72

Post by ilc72 »

Hi All

I am new to the forum so please be gentle!

I took delivery of a new Enyaq Coupe 85x on the 16th January and it has some issues from delivery.
  • Drivers Heated Seat doesn’t work
  • Regenerative Braking cannot be adjusted from Auto even via profile or paddles
  • Travel Assist and Adaptive Cruise default to Near despite being set at Far in Driver Assist Vehicle Sub Menu
  • Rear Cross Traffic Alert switches off intermittently
Have any other owners of the MY2024 had similar issues?

I love the car but am concerned about the issues, especially on a car that has been around a while albeit I have one of the first batch of MY24 models following the mid-life refresh.

On a separate note I wish I had gone for the Head Up Display as in retrospect the 7” Driver Information Screen is shockingly basic, especially coming from a MY21 Seat Ibiza with much larger display. It doesn’t even seem to have a mode whereby BLIS status is displayed.
Enyaq IV Coupe 85x Sportline Plus

Powerstar

Post by Powerstar »

I can’t comment on the heated seat but for the other points:
- Regen braking is Auto in D mode and operates at a stronger level in B mode, pull the ‘gear lever’ back again to switch between the two modes. The paddles only adjust the regen level until you next touch the throttle.
- The distance for the ACC is adjusted on the small switch on top of the cruise control lever, the one located below the indicator lever to the left of the steering wheel
- I can’t help with the Cross Traffic I’m afraid
Ken3966

Post by Ken3966 »

The paddles do nothing in B mode as set to highest level.
They adjust regenerative braking when slowing in D and also in Sport mode, where in addition you can preset the regeneration level for next use.
Grey vrs coupe with 20” wheels, heat pump, heated windscreen and rear seat, adjustable suspension, Canton sound and head up display
Aragorn

Post by Aragorn »

Powerstar wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 2:18 pm I can’t comment on the heated seat but for the other points:
- Regen braking is Auto in D mode and operates at a stronger level in B mode, pull the ‘gear lever’ back again to switch between the two modes. The paddles only adjust the regen level until you next touch the throttle.
- The distance for the ACC is adjusted on the small switch on top of the cruise control lever, the one located below the indicator lever to the left of the steering wheel
If you turn off "eco assist" in the menu the paddle settings remain after pressing the throttle again.

With Eco Assist off, Sport mode defaults to level 2. D defaults to 0/none, and B defaults to 3.

However you can then use the paddles to set whatever level you like, and it will stay there (at least until you use the cruise control, after which it will default back to the default for the drive mode)
'21 Enyaq 60 Ecosuite
Phaedra

Post by Phaedra »

The HUD is nice but not worth the £2K I paid for the Advanced pack.

Heated windscreen again is nice but turns out completely unnecessary as pre-hreating the car shifts the ice off the winscreen anyway!

Canton sound system is very poor, no real bass, even the dealer said a 69 plate Superb has a better system after comparing it. My previous Honda CR-V blows it out of the water!.
Took the sub out of the boot, it barely makes any difference to the bass when changed from -9 to +9. It's a 6" speaker in a plastic box inside a polystyrene bigger box, cheap cr@p was the impression.

Other annoyances,
Can't deactivate lane assist without it coming back on every time you get in, could on my Ateca.
Constant message saying No WiFi connection to external hotspot, never touched the settings it just suddenly came on and won't go away even after cancelling it.
ACC is very "twitchy" keeps braking going past parked cars or not always slowing in traffic (speed sign recognition on) then deciding to hammer the brakes.
Range estimate is a complete guessometer, did 18 miles and it dropped 10, did 6 miles and it dropped 12!

2024 85x Sportline Plus with Advanced Pack
Aragorn

Post by Aragorn »

Phaedra wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 9:28 am Can't deactivate lane assist without it coming back on every time you get in, could on my Ateca.
Its a EuroNCAP requirement that it comes on every time. Theres other threads discussing this, you can change the setting with a diagnostic lead.
Phaedra wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 9:28 am Range estimate is a complete guessometer, did 18 miles and it dropped 10, did 6 miles and it dropped 12!
What else can it do? It has no idea how you will press the throttle, what roads you might drive on or how fast you might go. My diesel BMW would often add miles as it warmed up, You'd fire it up from cold and it would say "30miles" and by the time you had driven to the fuel station 5 miles away it was showing "50miles" but somehow no-one complains when an ICE does it?

I find the guessometer on the Enyaq is pretty good compared with other EV's i've driven, it clearly takes into account your historic driving and does a pretty reasonable job of producing a figure thats somewhat realistic. Ofcourse if you change your driving habits (for instance spend 2 weeks driving 5 miles to work daily, then set off for a 200mile motorway trip) then it will take a bit of time to adjust, but even that seems to happen fairly quickly. If you have a very random driving pattern then ofcourse its going to have a harder time, but again thats pretty obvious, the car cannot see the future.
'21 Enyaq 60 Ecosuite
Phaedra

Post by Phaedra »

I drive the same routes over and over, driving style doesn't really alter, I did the 18 mile trip again today, this time it only dropped 4 miles!.

I'm aware of the ODBEleven but as it's a Motability vehicle I don't want to mess with it.
Powerstar

Post by Powerstar »

Aragorn wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 9:16 am
Powerstar wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 2:18 pm I can’t comment on the heated seat but for the other points:
If you turn off "eco assist" in the menu the paddle settings remain after pressing the throttle again.

With Eco Assist off, Sport mode defaults to level 2. D defaults to 0/none, and B defaults to 3.

However you can then use the paddles to set whatever level you like, and it will stay there (at least until you use the cruise control, after which it will default back to the default for the drive mode)
Thanks, I haven’t tried the ‘eco assist’ setting change, will take a look. Everyday is a school day!
peters_enyaq

Post by peters_enyaq »

Something not mentioned is that the range is dependent on battery temperature.
So even if you do exact same route daily then it estimates more range if battery is a few degrees warmer than day before.
I have been driving our Enyaq for over two years now and am used to the way it calculates range remaining. No big problem.
Diesel cars always used to have poor ‘range’ till they had done over 30-40 miles then engine was fully warm and it used to go up.
Present: iv60 Suite Race Blue
On order: Coupe 85X Sportline Plus Race Blue
C2atb

Post by C2atb »

Where is the eco assist setting in infotainment

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post