Smart scheduling at public charger

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Enyaq
Deasea

Post by Deasea »

I had a situation occur yesterday whilst miles away from home charging at high power public charger.

The car connected and started charging and then after a few minutes the charge was 'cancelled'.

It took me 3 attempts before realising that I was receiving in each instance a smart charging schedule from Octopus, like when I am at home.

I contacted Octopus who were very helpful but were unable to identify what was happening. They were able to advise that I could turn off 'smart charging' in the app. I couldn't find the toggle to turn it off and after 2 further few minute charges at another public charger, where it did exactly the same, I made it home with a few miles to spare.

Not sure if it the car saying its at home when it's not or a glitch somewhere else.

Has anyone else experienced this?

(PS Have since found the toggle switch to turn off the smart charging. I was looking for it in the devices tab at the bottom of the home screen, but in fact you have to click in the silouhette type picture top left of the home screen, which then takes you to the accounts and settings menu and then click on the devices icon on that screen, then device settings on the next screen and then scroll all the way to the bottom.)

orrery

Post by orrery »

Your car should have a 'location' set where the smart charging is effective. When not in that location it shouldn't have any impact.
iV80 Lounge, Heat Pump, 125kW charging, Tow bar
Previous EVs: Leaf 40 (x2), Leaf 30, Leaf 24. EVing since 2014.
XAPBob

Post by XAPBob »

Deasea wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 8:30 am I had a situation occur yesterday whilst miles away from home charging at high power public charger.

The car connected and started charging and then after a few minutes the charge was 'cancelled'.

It took me 3 attempts before realising that I was receiving in each instance a smart charging schedule from Octopus, like when I am at home.

I contacted Octopus who were very helpful but were unable to identify what was happening. They were able to advise that I could turn off 'smart charging' in the app. I couldn't find the toggle to turn it off and after 2 further few minute charges at another public charger, where it did exactly the same, I made it home with a few miles to spare.

Not sure if it the car saying its at home when it's not or a glitch somewhere else.

Has anyone else experienced this?

(PS Have since found the toggle switch to turn off the smart charging. I was looking for it in the devices tab at the bottom of the home screen, but in fact you have to click in the silouhette type picture top left of the home screen, which then takes you to the accounts and settings menu and then click on the devices icon on that screen, then device settings on the next screen and then scroll all the way to the bottom.)

My home assistant has an automation which tells me if the car is still unlocked five minutes after getting home.

And it triggered whilst the car was away yesterday - so I'm not entirely convinced by the location sensing.
RallimG

Post by RallimG »

My colleague at work has had similar issue with his Mini, where Octopus keeps stopping him charging at the office so he has to override in the car - where as mine works quite happily.
Enyaq iV Sportline, Energy Blue, 125kW Charging, Family Pack, Climate+, Conv. +, Drive+, Infotainment+ & Assisted Drive +.
Ordered Jun 2021 - delivered Jan 2023.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post