Strange noise - sounds like haptic feedback

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Enyaq
KevinB

Post by KevinB »

Hi all,

I am occasionally getting this strange noise which sounds like the buzz/shake of haptic feedback. It can happen while accelerating, while cruising and while stationary.

It is usually 2 sounds in close succession, sort of Brrrr/brrrr.

The sounds are same duration and same pause between them.

It happens on some drives but not all, I would say about 1 in 3 trips out. I will try and get a recording of it but as is typical, when I am prepped to record it, it doesn't happen!
Enyaq Coupe iV VRs - 82KWh - 299PS - 4x4 - Pheonix Orange Metallic - 21" Vision Anthracite Wheels

Pad42

Post by Pad42 »

Have never had that: nice choice of car
:Skoda Enyaq Coupe VRS Phoenix Orange , comfort seat package plus,climate package plus, transport package, heat pump
RichR

Post by RichR »

Aircon/heat pump compressor briefly cutting in maybe?
Louder inside or out?

I seem to recall a thread a year or so ago where someone had a noisy valve in the aircon system that might have been like this. Not sure.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
KevinB

Post by KevinB »

RichR wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 5:48 pm Aircon/heat pump compressor briefly cutting in maybe?
Louder inside or out?

I seem to recall a thread a year or so ago where someone had a noisy valve in the aircon system that might have been like this. Not sure.
Can't tell if it's louder inside or out. I will try turning zircon off and see if it happens or not
Enyaq Coupe iV VRs - 82KWh - 299PS - 4x4 - Pheonix Orange Metallic - 21" Vision Anthracite Wheels
KevinB

Post by KevinB »

Well after a bit more investigation the noise does appear to be related to the climate control being active. I will investigate further
RichR

Post by RichR »

Unfortunately I can't get the search function to find the thread from last year (I'm sure it was about a year ago) that sounded really similar. Do you have a heat pump or not (ie is your car using R1234 refrigerant or CO2)? Not that I can remember what the other one had! If it is the same - then I think in the end the mechanic managed to pin it down to one valve in the refrigerant circuit that was noisier than it should have been when it opened. They replaced it and the noise never came back.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
KevinB

Post by KevinB »

RichR wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 3:14 pm Unfortunately I can't get the search function to find the thread from last year (I'm sure it was about a year ago) that sounded really similar. Do you have a heat pump or not (ie is your car using R1234 refrigerant or CO2)? Not that I can remember what the other one had! If it is the same - then I think in the end the mechanic managed to pin it down to one valve in the refrigerant circuit that was noisier than it should have been when it opened. They replaced it and the noise never came back.
Think I found it. to do with vibrations from the heat pump. but it's not a constant vibration. It really is like a phone message vibration but 2 of them in close succession. Also I don't have the heat pump fitted, at least I don't think so!
RichR

Post by RichR »

There was definitely one that was an intermittent noise. Hmm, possible I'm mis-remembering, it was a while ago!

You may end up having to book it in if it concerns you. Or just turn the radio up a bit. One of the problems with EVs is that you don't have a noisy, vibratey engine to hide all the little noises that cars make...

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post