Limited Mileage and power in High Heat

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Enyaq
lorcantc

Post by lorcantc »

I have just been driving on the motorway in the UK, in 30 degree heat (hot - but not super hot). I was travelling at 70mph, and only for an hour or so. After a while, I started getting the 'turtle' symbol, saying that I had limited mileage. I was at about 60% battery at the time, so that was not the issue. Thankfully I pulled off the motorway because after coming to a stop I was suddenly incredibly limited in speed and acceleration to the point that it would have been incredibly dangerous on the motorway. I had to pull over for a while, and then I could only drive at about 5mph.

Has anyone experienced this in the recent UK heat waves? It doesn't seem like extreme heat, or an extreme journey, so I am concerned about it happening on the journey back.

ComicGeek

Post by ComicGeek »

I drove in the previous heatwave at 36 degrees, with a full car for 3hrs without any issue.

Do you have the heat pump? That seems to play a key role in battery temp management in both summer and winter.
Antonio PT

Post by Antonio PT »

Agree.. I also have the heat pump.
Temperatures down in the Algarve are 30++ and still no issues.
C2atb

Post by C2atb »

No heat pump and no issues however with constant aircon on seems to use a lot more
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

I was driving in temperatures between 36C and 39C through parts of Poland a week ago at around 130km/h for much of the time and supercharged twice in this heat - no issues.
iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).
mdiamantop

Post by mdiamantop »

I drive my enyaq in Greece at 40oC without any issues.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post