Enyaq refused to drive over this speed bump

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Enyaq
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

/\ indeed - because I was driving at sensible car park speeds and aware I was about to go over that rubber speed bump, I was probably only doing 5 or 6 mph when it slammed on the anchors (without the ‘BRAKE !!’ warning you get at higher speeds, like in the examples you mentioned).

I then attempted to crawl over it (having reversed a bit first to see what I assumed I’d just hit) but it just refused. “Computer Said No” even at 1 or 2 mph. 4th attempt I think, and it let me.

On the way out, mindful of what had happened on the way in, I crawled over the bumps much to the annoyance of the car behind me and it still slammed the brakes on, even at less than walking pace!
iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).

HarryHuk

Post by HarryHuk »

Is it still doing it? Did you report it in the end?
60 Loft Graphite Grey ordered late Nov 2021, delivered late June 2022. UK based
Heat pump, 19" wheels,
chrome, transport, sport drive basic, assisted drive basic, parking basic, light and view basic. ME3.0.0 (from factory)
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

HarryHuk wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 9:38 am Is it still doing it? Did you report it in the end?

It only ever did it on the speed bumps at that location. I haven’t been back since. I was paranoid it might do something in the Eurotunnel train last year (similar reflective, irregular, intermittent floor) so I disabled the system.

It was reported to Skoda via our fleet company and booked in with a dealership last December, but I had to cancel last minute and haven’t bothered to rebook yet. I wasn’t convinced that they’d be able to replicate the conditions which triggered the emergency stop, without actually going to the same site themselves where it happened (which they weren’t going to do).
iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).
HarryHuk

Post by HarryHuk »

Yeah, that's the problem with intermittent things like that.
I've had the emergency braking happen in reverse, or driving slowly forward near bushes, where it's harder for software to detect the hard extremities of the obstacle.

Also, for me the nearest garage that can deal with anything Enyaq beyond brakes, wheels, tyres and fluids is 50 miles away.
So when I had a few minor problems, I really thought they weren't 50 miles away bad enough.
60 Loft Graphite Grey ordered late Nov 2021, delivered late June 2022. UK based
Heat pump, 19" wheels,
chrome, transport, sport drive basic, assisted drive basic, parking basic, light and view basic. ME3.0.0 (from factory)

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post