Satnav and Apple Maps dropping signal

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Enyaq
Robrad30

Post by Robrad30 »

Hey folks,

So we took delivery of our Enyaq about a month ago. So far, I love the car. My daily commute has gone from costing about €8-9 per day in diesel, to about 40c per day. It’s incredibly comfy, and the assisted driving systems are amazing.

However, my one issue is getting worse. My car seems to only occasionally report its location correctly in either the ŠKODA sat nav or Apple Maps. It often thinks I’m driving through houses, shops, fields - basically anywhere but a road. Today it reported my location about 750m away from where I actually was, and traveling in exactly the opposite direction. It effectively renders my cruise control unusable. Today on the motorway, it thought I was in a housing estate and thought the speed limit was 30km/h instead of the 120km/h speed limit on the section of road I was on.

Has anyone else had a similar issue? If so, are there any known fixes?

Cheers!

IanJ

Post by IanJ »

It seems odd that both the car’s inbuilt nav and Apple Maps are both showing incorrect positions. I would have thought that the former is using the car’s own GPS module whilst Apple is using the GPS receiver in your phone.
iV 80 Suite, Arctic Silver plus various packages. ME 3.1
Ordered late Oct 21 for delivery June 2022. Scheduled production now Week 29 (was previously late September). In transit 25 July 22. Delivered as ordered 17 August 22.
BioHzrd

Post by BioHzrd »

If it's happening at the same location there is some form of interference in that location specially to throw the cars GPS signal and your phone's out (AppleCar play will use your phone's GPS not the cars)
60 Loft, Parking Basic Package, Moon White

I’m a @TentBox Ambassador. Ask me anything about TentBox! 😃

Might work for a well know charging company 😉

Electrician - 18th Edition & 2391-52 Qualified - Over 18 years, so I know what I'm talking about 😂
orrery

Post by orrery »

Either something local (tall building to one side?) of maybe the US is stretching the GPS errors in case Russia gets nasty.
iV80 Lounge, Heat Pump, 125kW charging, Tow bar
Previous EVs: Leaf 40 (x2), Leaf 30, Leaf 24. EVing since 2014.
C2atb

Post by C2atb »

Seems to me if your on WiFi or in a bad signal area you have to reset app ,
Resetting whatever app your using will help seems like an issue with gps fighting between phone and car
IanEV

Post by IanEV »

Having had Apple car play for nearly 6 years in our Octavia I can’t remember it ever taking us to the wrong address. On occasions it wouldn’t connect to the car and that usually meant it was time for a new USB cable and only Apple cables seemed to work.

I’m just back from our first Enyaq family holiday which I’m going to do a full post on covering a number of issues but I did experience the car getting lost in Portsmouth as you describe. I had roof bars on the car and wondered if this impacted the signal. The car had accurately tracked for 200 miles to Portsmouth but it got confused trying to locate our hotel in a not too built up area, with both Apple maps and in built satnav.

When we got to France there was very poor mobile coverage and my phone struggled for signal across the Cotentin peninsula on a regular basis. However, the car’s in built satnav was amazing and never once lost signal getting us out of holes on many occasions.
Ordered August 2021, collected 28/4
iV60 Loft, v3.0 software,
Velvet red, pano roof,
basic parking and convenience pack
100kw upgraded free of charge
Podpoint home charger
EdB

Post by EdB »

We are having the same issues with it at the moment, the position of the car is all over the place. It occasionally works, but really struggles to find signal. Intermittently private mode icon appears. With this issue I am not able to use the charge timer as it is based on having a good connection and location. Additionally, the app returns a message that the car is not connected to the internet when trying to change settings through the app. The car has done around 12000 miles with no issues.

It is going to the dealer next week, so hopefully they will be able to do something.

@Robrad30 I would interested to hear if your issues have been resolved?
arronharden

Post by arronharden »

We’re having the same issue as well. Been into dealer who has updated the car software but problem still persists.

@EdB @Robrad30 did you ever find a solution?
Ken3966

Post by Ken3966 »

May well be a fault with the aerial?
Grey vrs coupe with 20” wheels, heat pump, heated windscreen and rear seat, adjustable suspension, Canton sound and head up display

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post