Pod point order experience

Post pictures of your Skoda Enyaq here
BioHzrd

Post by BioHzrd »

DazzUK wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 2:16 pm
BioHzrd wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 12:54 pm
DazzUK wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 5:55 pm Had mine done in August, the team at Podpoint were good. The actual unit was installed by a 3rd party, but no complaints about the install.
I had the lock installed, key lock on the side of the unit, and every time I need to charge I have to plug it into the unit, then the car, lock the car and unlock the unit. If I don’t do it in this sequence then it fails, does anyone else have this?
That shouldn't be the case, have you tried unlocking the unit first and allowing the status LED to get to Blue then proceeding with plugging in ?
No, but I will next time. I thought it was just the process that needed to be followed. Thanks for the advice.
No your installer should have explained it to you better mate, Unlock the charger then by the time you've got your lead from the car (or uncoiled the tethered cable) Pod should be Blue and ready to charge bud.

In all honest unless your going away for an extended period of time i would leave it unlocked unless your on a busy public street and some one has the balls to use it while your out !
60 Loft, Parking Basic Package, Moon White

I’m a @TentBox Ambassador. Ask me anything about TentBox! 😃

Might work for a well know charging company 😉

Electrician - 18th Edition & 2391-52 Qualified - Over 18 years, so I know what I'm talking about 😂

dben

Post by dben »

Hi

To be honest I'd never recommend Pod Point to anybody. They don't reply to emails, apart from auto replies that say someone will get back to you which doesn't happen.

My wife has waited on phone and then spoke to at least four different people who promise to phone back same day or within 24hrs and never do.

Eventually asked for complaints procedure and issued them with a timeline of umpteen emails and calls.

Also complained to Skoda as Pod Point promoted on the Skoda main site.

Have a date of 22nd Nov for installation but have no confidence that'll they will appear and worry install will be as bad as the rest of their service.

If they can't cope they should make that clear to anybody before they accept their money.

Just as an example, in Scotland you can get additional grant from the EST, but they need quote from PP to process application. Waited 2 months and various chase-ups to get this and then EST approved grant within just a few days. PP had cheek to chase me up about applying for the grant when they eventually sent through the necessary quote doc.

Not impressed.
darkside66
Location: In The middle (Leicestershire) then over to the right (Norfolk)

Post by darkside66 »

dben wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 5:01 pm Hi

To be honest I'd never recommend Pod Point to anybody. They don't reply to emails, apart from auto replies that say someone will get back to you which doesn't happen.

My wife has waited on phone and then spoke to at least four different people who promise to phone back same day or within 24hrs and never do.

Eventually asked for complaints procedure and issued them with a timeline of umpteen emails and calls.

Have a date of 22nd Nov for installation but have no confidence that'll they will appear and worry install will be as bad as the rest of their service.

If they can't cope they should make that clear to anybody before they accept their money.

Just as an example, in Scotland you can get additional grant from the EST, but they need quote from PP to process application. Waited 2 months and various chase-ups to get this and then EST approved grant within just a few days. PP had cheek to chase me up about applying for the grant when they eventually sent through the necessary quote doc.

Not impressed.
Looks like I was lucky as it went as smooth as anything, though im sure the more EV's that get registered the more strain it will put on the installation infrastructure, that said its a growing business and they should react accordingly by taking on more engineers.
Sportline 80 Black Magic Comfort Seat + climate + infotainment + Drive Sport + Assisted Drive Betria 21 Standard charging
Mrs Darkside Vauxhall Mokka e
Yipeeee we are an all electric household :D :D Oh no just remembered I have a petrol mower :o
BioHzrd

Post by BioHzrd »

dben wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 5:01 pm Hi

Not impressed.
Where in Scotland are you based out of interest ?

Electrician - 18th Edition & 2391-52 Qualified - Over 18 years, so I know what I'm talking about 😂
dben

Post by dben »

Just by Cumbernauld in Falkirk area
BioHzrd

Post by BioHzrd »

You might end up with a Sub Contractor doing the install just depends on how busy the direct guys are.

Kwesi

Post by Kwesi »

Is it worth purchasing the iv universal charging cable. Did anyone get it.

Screenshot_20211121-213904_Chrome.jpg

BioHzrd

Post by BioHzrd »

Not unless you plan on charging from a standard socket

Roo1980

Post by Roo1980 »

Kwesi wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:43 pm Is it worth purchasing the iv universal charging cable. Did anyone get it.
No. Although I looked at it, I didn't get one for a few reasons.
The writing on the website is very confusing. It mentions both 230v/32a (single phase), and 11kw charging (400v/16a 3 phase). But the charger cannot do both.

Although the skoda website does not tell you, there are 2 different universal charging cables avaliable ( https://www.skoda-auto.com/_doc/d711aa9 ... 4d0af7dc73)
a single phase 230v charge cable and a 3 phase 400v charge cable. The 3 phase is also able to use a 16a/230v connection (3.6kw), as well as a household plug.
If you order it, what one are you getting for £645?
I asked before I ordered and no-one could tell me (skoda uk, dealer, even on forums).
Whatever one you get it's not going to do everything the writing says (plus any extra cables are another £180).

It's much cheaper to just search online for a granny cable, whether it only has a UK plug socket, or if it can also use camping plugs.
Also 2nd hand ones with vw or audi logos are cheaper on ebay.
Kwesi

Post by Kwesi »

Roo1980 wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:41 pm
Kwesi wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:43 pm Is it worth purchasing the iv universal charging cable. Did anyone get it.
No. Although I looked at it, I didn't get one for a few reasons.
The writing on the website is very confusing. It mentions both 230v/32a (single phase), and 11kw charging (400v/16a 3 phase). But the charger cannot do both.

Although the skoda website does not tell you, there are 2 different universal charging cables avaliable ( https://www.skoda-auto.com/_doc/d711aa9 ... 4d0af7dc73)
a single phase 230v charge cable and a 3 phase 400v charge cable. The 3 phase is also able to use a 16a/230v connection (3.6kw), as well as a household plug.
If you order it, what one are you getting for £645?
I asked before I ordered and no-one could tell me (skoda uk, dealer, even on forums).
Whatever one you get it's not going to do everything the writing says (plus any extra cables are another £180).

It's much cheaper to just search online for a granny cable, whether it only has a UK plug socket, or if it can also use camping plugs.
Also 2nd hand ones with vw or audi logos are cheaper on ebay.

Thanks for the response Roo1980 a bit more clarity to me, because I've seen others on websites but was thinking if the cable voltage differs from the skoda type. But they all work the same.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post